Healthier Foods at the Push of a Button
Sheehan Brothers understands the challenge of eating healthy in today’s fast-paced work environment. So, to help our customers make healthier choices—in a hurry—we clearly label “Good Choice” fresh foods, snacks, and beverages in our vending machines with green “check mark” labels. By blending convenience, value, and a variety of healthful selections, we’re making it easier than ever before to improve personal health and wellness on the go.
Good Choices Made Easy
To help consumers make healthier decisions in the break room or cafeteria, we’ve developed a labeling system for our products that allows them to quickly and easily identify items that support healthy lifestyles.
Our “Good Choice” labels identify healthful fresh foods made in our commissary and the name-brand snacks and beverages that accompany them in our machines. Selections with green “check mark” labels meet the “35-10-35” criteria set by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. This means that these foods and beverages don’t get more than 35% of their total calories from fat, no more than 10% of their calories from saturated fat, and that no more than 35% of their total weight comes from sugar. And because we want to empower our customers to make informed choices, we also place yellow “Common Sense Choice” labels on items that don’t meet the 35-10-35 standard, but are still healthier than other available alternatives.
Sheehan Brothers Good Choices Made Easy Program
- Items with green check mark label indicate “Good Choice” selections that comply with the 35-10-35 criteria set by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation*
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation 35-10-35 criteria:
- Item gets no more than 35% of its calories from fat
- Item gets no more than 10% of its calories from saturated fat
- Item gets no more than 35% of its total weight from sugar
- Important exceptions to the 35-10-35 guidelines:
- 100% juice is exempt
- Nuts and seeds are exempt from saturated fat limit
- Dried fruit is exempt from total sugar by weight limit as long as it doesn’t contain added sugar
- “Common Sense Choices” that don’t meet the 35-10-35 guidelines, but are still healthier than other available items are marked with yellow labels
FRESH MATTERS: HEALTH & WELLNESS
Sheehan Brothers will work with you to support your organization's health and wellness programs
Made Fresh Daily
The Sheehan Brothers Commissary makes fresh, wholesome foods every day to ensure the highest quality and best taste for our customers
Seeing Is Believing
Take a look at our in-house commissary; where freshness is the rule and customer satisfaction is always the goal
Current Fresh Food Vending Menu
Check out our current fresh food vending selections and helpful information about health and nutrition